Time and again, companies are forced to face the reality that success is not sustainable once it has been achieved: the target situation does not last, and performance targets may not be reached in a stable manner.
Ingenics focuses on precisely this problem in this course, completing the “Performance” series with the following topic areas:
- “Identifying potential performance increases”
- “Lean methods and concepts to achieve increased performance” and
- “Lean methods and concepts to secure performance”
As part of the training, you will be introduced to proven implementation-oriented methods and solutions for presenting goals and target states as well as presenting and communicating current performance. It also covers how to record and visualize variance.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of powerful methods and approaches to secure performance targets and service provision in the long term.
- Learn about target setting, procedures, points to consider, and fields of application for the methods and approaches in question.
- Establish specific areas of action and approaches to secure performance in your field of work.
Contents & Key Learnings
- Targets, performance, transparency
- Target agreements and empowerment
- Service level agreements
- Key figures and cascading KPIs
- Standards and qualification
- Visual management
- Variance analysis and problem solving
- 7 quality tools
- Shop-floor management
- Gemba walks and GoLookSee
- Audits and assessments
- Kata coaching
Format & Execution
- Classroom and shop floor training
- Presentation, discussion, application, exercises, transfer
- Leaders, project managers, lean agents, and change agents in the company as well as anyone charged with tasks related to the implementation and maintenance of the lean philosophy
- Future internal “multipliers” as well as workshop trainers, coaches, and CIP trainers